Saturday, November 13, 2010

Gilbert Temple Groundbreaking

What an amazing incredible day! Today Elder Costa of the Seventy broke ground here in our very own Gilbert for a TEMPLE! We are so thrilled. We were able to get seats pretty close to the ceremony (6th row!). The girls had already hit the stake preparedness fair and breakfast and Gilbert Days Parade, so they were worn out! Grandma Terri came and sat with us too. It was an amazing day filled with the spirit! We are so blessed to have this opportunity in our own town. I pray my girls will always feel that this temple is their very own! At the end, the girls got to hold one of the "golden shovels" used in the ceremony. I took pictures (amidst the mob of patient parents waiting for their child's turn). After were were out of the craziness and walking to the car, Kate very sadly exclaimed that she only had time for the picture and didn't even get a chance to dig! I told her not to worry, that I'm sure some dirt got moved around when she picked up the shovel. What a great experience for these little girls. I loved it!

Here is our family at the temple site.



These are all the current stake president's in Gilbert turning the dirt.



Here is Beth doing her turn.



And Sophia...



And Kate!

1 comment:

Brittney said...

Thank you for taking pics!! I was super sad to miss this. You all look darling. I can't get over all your girls in their cute boots :)