Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas addiction




Okay, so I not only have a birthday in December, I also decided to get married four days before Christmas. I grew up hating the sugar cookie decorating birthday parties. I SWORE i'd never get married anywhere in the winter season. And I cursed myself. Because now I can't feel the Christmas spirit without a sugar cookie party and a hay ride. Since these activities are a little juvenile for my peer group, I torture my kids. So the other day I decided to throw a hay ride party - complete with sugar cookies. I stressed the day before (when I decided to have it and invite everyone I knew) that I wasn't inviting these people, or these people. But I decided I had to stop somewhere before I had a ward party for kids under 6 on my hands. Unfortunately at 4am on the morning of, I awoke with a panic attack. I began counting invites and kids. I came up with a number of 24. And I wasn't planning on having anyone help. Um. Dumb. Luckily (sorry kids that missed it), I only had 16 kids show up. My great dad came over to give a hay ride. My amazing baby sister came over for a little bit - long enough to get me through the sugar cookie beginnings. And Dave magically showed up home early at the end to help with the hay ride. Well thank heavens we are now in the Christmas spirit! :)
Then we got all ready for church on Sunday and I decided to again torture everyone with a picture. Did anyone feel like mentioning my 80's hair? HELLO!!! I spent so much energy on the girls for "Christmas Sunday" that I missed ME. (Not that they came out amazing in the picture anyway... ) Luckily, I'm not sure anyone noticed - thanks to my "i'm 30" shoes I bought on my birthday with my awesome husband. ( They have zebra striped fur on the sides and red patent leather buckles on the toes - "Naughty Monkey" -the brand name - says it all). Dave knows how to make me happy. :)


1 comment:

Melissa said...

These are awesome pictures! How wonderful that you could go to Hawaii and take the family! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year!