Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Gila Valley Temple Open House



At 2pm today I realized that it was half day for Beth. (She got out at 1:30). Then I decided to get in the car and drive my three kids to Safford, AZ for the temple open house going on this week. Mapquest sucks. It said it would take 2 hours 27 mins to get there. It obviously did not factor in three potty stops (one of which was in the dirt on the side of the road - in dresses!), gas, and a pizza from little ceasars on the way. Oh, and Sophia screaming that her tummy hurt the whole way. (I think she has a bug. Yuck. Triple yuck to the Circle K in Superior. I will NEVER go there again. - The rocks on the side of the road were WAY cleaner.) So we just got home at 10 pm. I'm praying they'll sleep in until 6:30 tomorrow. Who am I kidding?
Upside was that my kids are thinking lots about the temple. I can't believe that I was a teenager before I ever got to go in a temple. And Sophia at 2 has been inside 2 open houses. Super cool. The only really odd question I got out of them was when Kate wanted to know if you go into the temple with your baby after you have, or while you're having it. Nope, no delivery rooms on the temple tour...

The final bonus is that since we booked our tickets to Boston in November to visit Lynz, I'm thinking we might be able to really do the Macy's Day Parade. We're just building stamina here, people. :)

4 comments:

Brittney said...

You are a SAINT. I'm sorry- I should've gone with you girls... But it looks like it was an adventure!

brooksybabe said...

What an eventful trip. You will never forget that one. We are going this weekend with Brooklyn. I am so excited!!

TerriG said...

You are an awesome Mommy!!!

Leefamlee Treasures said...

I am stalking! Your girls are more darling than I remember! Lets hook up our blogs! What a great MOM you are!
XOXO