Grandma took us all over the valley (and then down to Mt. Pleasant) to have fun. We loved the aquarium (thanks, Andrea), and also the LDS Museum of History and Art (Grace loved the baby dolls). I loved going to Utah and finding new exciting things to do. I also finally got Sophia's hair into piggies! She is going to be a little girl in no time!
Sophie did not love the pigtails, but she did love Mickey. They actually had a love affair between the two of them. 
then once Dave finally decided to show up (work is such a wonderful thing), we hit the town for the 4th. My girls were thrilled with the parade and fireworks up in Salt Lake. Beth only asked a few times for Hannah Montana tickets. Oh well, next time! :)
after the parade and a picnic in Little Cottonwood canyon, we visited a ski resort. Don't ask me which one. I think Purgatory. But I know Dave is going to correct me when he sees this! :) There was still SNOW! (Dave was shocked - I enjoyed telling him "I told you so")
After the 4th we headed down to see our cousins in LaVerkin, Utah. My Aunt and Uncle were more than gracious to put us up for the night and show the girls the cows and tadpoles. And I have always wanted to see inside the old home next to them. It was a blast! While we were leaving Beth asked why we couldn't live in LaVerkin so we could have cows too. But I think she mostly loved playing with the KIDS! 
We finally ended up in San Clemente for a wonderful week at the beach. It was completely unplanned - and thus a perfect end to our vacation.
We stayed in a wonderful condo close to the beach (so close that everytime we came home, Beth asked why we had to WALK home - why couldn't we drive). They all enjoyed the LOVESACK...
The girls got very tan (so much for my grand ambitions of sunscreen), and Grace dug for WAY too many sandcrabs. She was just VERY sad that she wouldn't be able to take them home. Luckily, Sophia didn't enjoy eating the sand as much as my other girls did at this age. So it was WONDERFUL. (She did remember the beach bag when we would get home at night, though).
This is how I enjoy the beach.
This is how Dave enjoys the beach.
We also got to visit my Grandparents and Aunt and Uncle who live in Oceanside. MORE KIDS.
It was a fun day together. Uncle Jason got wild (thank goodness!).
We have seen a lot and done even more. But I have decided that although Katie Grace did not want to come home, our house is the BEST!
2 comments:
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Can't wait to hear more about it. I'm glad you made it home to this lovely heat safely.
How fun. Trips are the best, but it's great to come back home for sure. Your girls are darling!
Post a Comment