Saturday, August 22, 2009

Dave leaves. All heck breaks loose...

So, Dave decided to stay employed and leave us for a week. I can't blame him. I would rather have been in Flagstaff this week too.

In the course of the 5 days we missed him: (1.) I lost Sophia. A neighbor called the police when a cute, but young, little person rang her doorbell. Sophia told me later that she had been going to see Brenna (a little baby of a friend of mine). Nice. (2.) Sophia allowed Ernie the $200 parakeet to fly into the wide world yonder. He has not returned. My dad worried that he won't know how to eat. He has probably been eaten. So I'm not worried. (3.) Sophia killed Taco Bell the everlasting beta fish; (I may have also had a hand in it). She dumped a bunch of herbal pregnancy supplements into his bowl (note: I am NOT pregnant). In my frantic state to get him in fresh water, I filled his bowl with hot water. Then after putting him in the hot water and realizing my mistake, dumped out hot water and filled the bowl with cold water. While trying to not pour him down the drain. Somewhere amidst the supplement, hot water, and rapid water change, he stopped moving. Now every time Sophia wants to use the toilet, she says, "Fishy in poo poo?". Note to self, do not flush the fish in front of the 2 year old again.

Dave has to go out of town for 2 weeks in September. I ask myself - how can one prepare for this?

3 comments:

What's for dinner? said...

Wow what a crazy week! Kids! Burt used to travel at his last job he had and it was NEVER fun.

Karla said...

Wow that sounds CRAZY Kelly. I can relate a little, Jim went to Woodbadge two weeks ago, being a single parent, totally stinks.

Bekki said...

Kelly- sad and very amusing post. Good luck with the 2 weeks.