Saturday, August 22, 2009

Lava Tubes in Flag


In hopes of coping with my insane week, I gladly took Dave's invitation to bring the girls up for his last day in Flag. We swam in the pool, watched cartoons on the hotel TV, and ate at Outback. What more could you ask for? Well, the two mile two hour hike in the 30* lava tubes didn't hurt either. Beth is asking if we can come back tomorrow. Next time she gets to carry Sophia.

"V" for "VOTAW"!!!! This is us at the end of the tube. I can't believe we made it. It was much more like rock climbing than hiking. The $12 head lamps from Walmart were TOTALLY worth it.

Kate really really wanted a picture of her "bloody" fingers (her red head light made them look this way). So we don't have any pics in the cave of her looking up. Cutie.

3 comments:

TerriG said...

Don't I have the greatest grandkids & kids in the whole world!!! Thanks for the fun summer. I loved spending time with your family.
Love, Grandma Terri

Summer said...

Such a cute family Kelly! And you are a rockstar wife holding it together while the man works away from home. Sounds eventful. :)

DPies said...

That looks like so much fun! I would love some info on where to go....